Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm sure proud of our Ni-ngol Cha-kouba

Ni-ngol cha-kouba is a real show stopper. Everything has to wait for
its grand and smooth passage. I mean everything, be it the Ibobi
govt,the protest against the ghastly acts of psychotic Indian State or
the world-shaking strategic rethinking by the Chinese towards the
peoples of South Asia.

I know it would raise a lot of eyebrows if I start putting beautiful
adjectives in front of my own culture. But can anybody think of any
festival which have no nationalist or religious ingredients in it? We
can make a checklist of global peoples,be a huge one like Indian or
Chinese or the tiny ones numbering a few millions and try to pinpoint a
festival which has no nationalist or religious ingredients in it. I bet
it would be a pretty difficult task to pinpoint a single such festival.
And, we learn from history that nationalism and religion are the two
most dreaded human artifacts which lead to conflicts and wars. We can
make a huge lists for the necessity for nationalism and religion but if
we come towrds the likely causes of conflicts and wars,they are the
real culprits.

And, I'm sure proud that our Ni-ngol Cha-kouba is one of the rarest
human artifacts which have no nationalist or religious ingredients in
it.

For my part, I started to make preparations exactly three days ahead to
receive Ni-ngol Cha-kouba. I dusted off every conceivables articles in
my house. I cleaned my yards spotless!

On the grand day, I jumped out of my bed well before 4 in the morning
and rushed in evrything to make the paste to make the chicken for at
least one hour. For every chicken or meat dish I cook I had found out
that I could not find that crucial one hour to marinate the meat. And,
I was determined to find that one hour on the grand.

Inspite of jumping out of my bed well before 4 in the morning, I barely
made it. When I finshed making the paste, cutting the meat and savoring
the moment when I started the actual marination, it was already 9.30
am!

Gosh, it took such time to cook according to prescribed protocol!

But I was rewarded. Everybody seems to agree that it was best chicken dish cooked in the family--I mean, so far!!

No comments: