Thursday, April 02, 2015

Where the personal and the public intersect

Years back,I was confronted with a pretty big personal problem.

I know it's a lame statement because everybody always have some sort of personal problems.But I've started out with this statement to highlight how my friends had reacted to my personal problem then.And,to put this story in right perspective,I must hasten to add that many of friends are now business leaders,thought leaders and social leaders.

!)Some of my friends thought I myself was the problem!

That's quite understandable because I have this feeling that I am not an easy person  to make acquainted with!But they should had gone a little deeper than that facet of mine which was mainly informed by the reigning social etiquette and mores.Part of the reason why they didn't do was their refusal to go beyond the tangible.They didn't( and still do not) like the intangibles in life.

For most persons,that should have been the end of that episode.But by the incident of birth,I (and my family) happen to stand right in the focus of a vicious propaganda onslaught of one of the most prominent feudal lords of Manipuri society.Gradually,I discover that what all of my friends had known me(me,the person,the tangible) was actually the several layers of smears of generations of propaganda onslaught by a feudal lord.

Now comes the most intriguing part.How can many of friends become thought leaders,social leaders when they can't even see through the propaganda of a mere feudal lord?

This is a bewildering question.But the sense of bewilderment subsides(at least,for me) when I experience that all the professors of Manipur with whom I have had personal contact are so full prejudices!What on earth are the prejudicial professors?This can only happen inside a 'box' erected by nazism,that is Indian.The success rate of propagation of India's nazism is directly proportionate to the degree of how well they erect such 'boxes'.In plain words,such 'boxes' are the 'special category' playing fields where you can have prejudicial professors!

All my friends,by virtue of becoming unquestioning residents of the 'box',can become thought leaders,social leaders while they are still incapable of seeing through the propaganda of a mere feudal lord.All my friends,alas,could not(and still cannot) intellectually jump out of the 'box' erected by India's nazism.

2)The remainder of my friends did not want to take side.

I,myself did not want any of my friends to come to my side.So,I never did talk to them about my big personal problem.Again,for most persons,it would be the end of that episode.But all of my friends then were either student activists or social activists.That fact adds a new tenor and tone to the above statement.I still strongly feel that what they did then was a conscious effort to take the middle path--the great middle way.That is precisely the principle which, I think,forms the pinnacle of indian nazis propaganda.

In other words,all of my friends have graduated from wholesale swallowing of the propaganda of a mere feudal lord to the more socially accepted doses of finer propaganda emanated out of India's nazism!Finer propganda like peace talk!!

I'll wrap up my personal story with another statement that I managed to wrestle through my big personal problem with the help of two men--one I met in person and the other,in his writings.I'll mention only the later.Through Noam Chomsky writings I came to understand that all 'power centres' inherently try to project their stories to their surrounding.This apparently ordinary sounding precept immensely helped me in understanding and tackling my big personal problems.

Now, I would use the words 'power centres' to connect with what is personal to what is social to me.

My childhood is,in the main,the story of constant threat from feudalism,which is the 'powe centre' in its shabbiest form.As a queer case of sudden transportation form the personal domain to that of the public,I'm, right now, sensing serious threats to my society from various 'power centres'.

Reminiscing of my childhood,blogging now is an exercise of escaping the the influence of 'power centres' because media houses are 'power centres' in themselves.For the first time in human history,an ordinary citzen can publish stuffs( with the every possibility of finding substantial readers),all the while steering clear of various 'power centres' of the society.Inthis sense,blogging is revolutionary(but,I'm not saying bloggers are all revolutionaries!)

But I have no chance of escaping.We can see how several 'power centres'have conspired together to respond to my last post.They have planted a story in a leading newspaper.They forced a newsreport to appear on the pages dated 1st April 15 based on a conversation happened way back in December 2014!This particular newsreeport gleefully talks of peace talk with New Delhi.

In the context of my last post,the newsreport intends to drop enough hints that the Indian state would not only persuade the Kachin Independent Army not to ratify the Burmese ceasefire document but also would persuade more rebel groups of Manipur to join the likes of  peace talk,presently engaged by NSCN(IM).

That they have taken this subtle route of dropping the hints means that the Indian state have already made big gains in persuading several rebel groups to the idea of peace talk with New Delhi.But the said rebel groups would not come out openly for peace talks.instead,they would stay back within the folds of rebel ecosystem and try to wreck the whole superstructure of Manipur's rebellion tradition from inside of it.


No comments: