Thursday, December 31, 2020

In tactical retreat.

 Again,on that particular social media platform.


Our Heingang personality(my last post) came out--making sure that all the three keywords,namely,"heingang","masked-gunmen" and "an editor" were put into full display to everyone who is curious enough to look out for them.


And the most important thing--the date.


It was the 30th Dec 2020--that is,just one day short of our deadline(my last post).


Again,we need to decode the body language of our Heingang personality--our Heingang personality was mocking.


At what?


Of course,at the way the three rebel groups are fleeing the deadline.


The three rebel groups who initiated the attempted covert attack have fled--abandoning the the self-proclaimed deadline,that is,the 31st December 2020.


I don't particularly like the idea of anybody making mockery of any person or a group.That's in the bad taste.


But,if we go further into the fine-grain evaluation of the whole process,we detected that equally venomous reaction to the mockery--that too,is in the realm of bad taste.


Our Heingang personality's mockery was immediately retaliated with downright obscene comments--this is the first time,as far as I know,our Heingang personality ever received bad comments,let alone,downright obscene ones.


And.I also suspect that those comments of yesterday,obscene as they were, were purposely added,apparently with cold calculation.


What might be that cold calculation aimed at?


I think that they are intent to put forward the narrative that they were not fleeing-- instead,they are on a tactical retreating mode.


OK,they are on tactical retreat.


But,for this blogger,this is totally anti-climatic.


Nevertheless,this blogger will on the look out for any development in the future and publish post discussing them.It is not for any trifle that this blogger spend two to three hours daily in reading up news and trying to detect trends!


Well,that's a lame joke of mine! Today is the last day of the year 2020 and everybody can tolerate a rare joke from a blogger,howsoever, lame that might be!!


Now,on a personal note--I definitely love reading news--spending long hours in front of my computer.I discover that I enjoy reading.And,I DO NOT try to find trends particularly.It's just the part of the whole process--as I keep reading news,trends simply pop up,in front of my eyes,all by themselves.


Then,how did I miss the news that Netflix had two two-days stream-fest last month--on those two days it allowed any Indian to view any videos in its collection for free?


One reason might be that I'm a little wary Netflix.How do one go about in his/her normal life trying to connect with such a vast collection of videos?For one things,video demands huge allocation of one's time.Can anybody reasonably find the time for sites,like Netflix.


Netflix is also bad for climate change.If anybody is serious about cutting down one's carbon footprint,he/she should not subscribe to Netflix.


Let me come to my point--I came to know of the stream-fest from a site called 'Ukhrultimes'.I keep a tab opened for the site as I want myself updated for any happening in Ukhrul.Netflix and Ukhrul--what a connection!If I did not come across the site from a social media platform on that last of the fest,I would not have the chance to log into Netflix!!


I promptly logged into Netflix--for the fest,the log in was kept extremely simple.I instantly felt how competitive a corporation Netflix might be.Only a few hours later I felt vindicated--I received an sms in my phone thanking for my first visit to their site--judging by the timestamp of the sms it seemed to come all the way from their headquarters in California.


I watched a wonderful documentary--"Human Nature".


The slick documentary makes it easy for us laymen to understand what CRISPR is.


Without CRISPR,it is impossible to usher into messenger RNA technology.It's the tech behind the BioNtech covid 19 vaccine,currently in use in the UK and the US.


It's interesting to note that bioNtech is a tiny company(almost a startup) run by a husband and wife team,who are Turkish immigrant to Germany.An Islamic couple coming to the rescue of blindly Islamophobic West!


What is most interesting is that bioNtech has been testing the mRNA tech to cancer and HIV patients--with encouraging initial findings.


Now,we must say Ukhrul,Netflix,CRISPR and mRNA--what a connection!


The moral of the story--one should not fail to listen to the small (and apparently less significant,by size or whatsoever) ingredients in a whole process.


That leads me to remember (late) Andy Gove--the past CEO of Intel Corp.


What's there in this chaotic world more fitting way than to end this year with the words of Andy Gove?


Please give me the permission to use all CAPS--


ONLY THE PARANOID SURVIVE.


No comments: