Sunday, July 19, 2009

Woolen cloth in Tamil Nadu-no rain in Manipur!

Another of my chirpy niece phoned me from Coimbatore--'Mamo, it's so cold here-we are pulling out woolen cloths from the closet'.

My heart sank.

People start wearing woolen cloth in mid July,that too in a town in Tamil Nadu. Climate change,isn't it?!

Here, I'm a bit edgy because of the way too wayward monsoon. To make matters worse, now I'm hearing that people start wearing cloth in mid July in Tamil Nadu!

Did I miss something? I've always equate Tamil Nadu with sweltering heat even during winters.

She continued--'Mamo, people here say it's the first time in recent memories when it's so cold in July'. She is new there,just getting her admission.

My heart sank furhter. First time in recent memories? That signifies the onset of the long-predicted climate change!

I hope I was totally wrong in saying all these things.

No comments: