Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The problem of blank monitor solved

That I had so many days without internet made me tinker with my desktop.

My first attention was drawn to the problem of the monitor. The problem is it remain blank,showing nothing even if the computer booted up perfectly normal.

I even took the monitor to the computer hardware store on two ocassion. They billed me for the suposed repair they made on it and the monitor remained blank after 2 or 3 days after I brought it back home.

The key idea is here that it worked for 2 or 3 days immediately after I brought it from the hardware shop. Then, it returned to its noraml state--remained blank.

So, shifting the location of the monitor made it work?

Is it something to do with place where I put my desktop on?

Finally, I came to think that it must be the magnetic field that interfered with the cathode ray.

The woofer which I placed next to the monitor housed a considerably-sized magnet. Then, the cfl bulb which I placed just above the monitor has also a in-built surge controller, which again means a magnet. Finally, the power supply of the router of the dsl has also an in-built surge controller.

Did the 3 among themselves built up an over arching magnetic field that disturbed the cathode ray of the crt monitor?

I removed all 3 of them and now, the monitor is working.

My only regret is the cfl bulb. If you placed a cfl just above a crt monitor, you get an extremely good glare killer.

No comments: