Monday, January 04, 2016

Keithel Lairembi Kappe (Ima Market Goddess is weeping).

Sometimes,you simply do not know where the story comes from but you are still quite acquaint with it.One such story is the weeping of Keithel Lairembi.It's generally believed that such weeping occurs on rare occasions when the Manipuri society is about to face a tumultuous challenge.

On occasions,when the story comes to my mind,I ask myself--'Would I be able to hear the sound of the weeping?'

The logic behind my question is that the weeping of the Keithel Lairembi is most likely to be supernatural and that,being so,I'm residing close enough to the Ima Keithel to be able to hear it.

This morning,at around 10,I came to know that I have,all along,been taking whole affair too literally.When I first had a glimpse of the damaged columns of the Ima Keithel,the idea struck me like a thunderbolt--'Oh! The Keithel Lairembi is weeping'.

I have noted another of such Manipuri story which had struck us so profoundly at that time.

In an eerie coincidence,as the Keithel Lairembi was weeping this morning,stock markets around the globe tumbled so steeply.

No comments: