Saturday, January 03, 2009

All alone

I spent the night of 31st Dec all alone. This was the first time I ever did so. Normally, it's the night of heavy partying.

I've drifted away from most of my buddies. Something has changed.

Most of my buddies are smart,well educated and very competitive. But I now feel that somehow they continue to be the prisoners of tradition.

I fancy that I've already lived that part of my life and now, I move on to another phase where I can practise change with continuity. In my daily life I want to impart throbbing life to my tradition--making my tradition living.

I feel that I've departed fromthe space where they are now standing, working and living. That surely means that the chasm between my buddies and me is widening every second, every minute and every hour.

This is a bewildering experience.

This story of 'all alone'31st Dec night won't be complete witjout remembering what had happened during the dawn of that day. I was rudely awakedned from my sleep by low flying sound of the military UAV! I was awakened and able to immediately grasped that it was a UAV. I shifted, pressing one ear against the pillow and put a hand over the other trying the muffle the sound. And I cursed--'Damned that UAV!Why should it fly so low at this hour?'

In the afternoon, the news came out that there was a gunbattle in Loktak. But all the media avoided using the word 'UAV'--they used 'unmanned surveilance plane'. Did they coin another word for UAV?

But I still can't figure it out why should the UAV fly so low around Imphal when there was a gun battle in Loktak, around 30-40 kms away.

No comments: