Monday, January 19, 2009

Got it

I mean, I've just got back my phone! The day after my last post, my phone went dead.

Right now, Imphal is a beehive of 'developmental' activities. Imphal, it seems, is straining to its limit trying to absorb Rs 500 crores a year, which is a kind of bonus from the Federal govt, in the name of Special Plan Assistance(SPA).

Rs 500 crores a year for a State, however small it may be and that too, for the purpose of infrastructural development, is not a big amount. But it seems that infrastructural development is new here! Everybody, be it the officials or the citizen, seems to try hard to 'acclimatize' to this new 'season' of development!!

Work is still in full swings for widening the street in front of Kalimai temple in Yaiskul. All of the underground cables for Keisamthong areas pass through that portion of the street before they cross the Keisamthong bridge to bring connectivity to all localities here.

Most of them got snapped.

As I'm writing this, there is blanket disruption of phone service in my area. So, how do I manage to get my phone line?

That will be a big story, indeed. I'm preparing myself to tell the story in full in a separate post!

No comments: