Thursday, February 19, 2009

Got it.02

The day before yesterday, in the afternoon, I was actually startled by the sound of my phone ringing, which, by the way, had been completely dead for at least 2 weeks then.

The phone guy, known universally as the 'lineman',was on the line telling me that I was the first subscriber getting back the service. That's some records of sort! I was the first guy in my locality, which is facing blanket disruption in phone service since November last year--that's me getting the first service reconnection now!

It's apparent that this time the underground cables were not broken by construction machineries but, by thier own staff to transfer all the lines to a brand new fat pipe. In a sense, they are doing the underground cabling all over again.

Now, I guess we would get better service.

No comments: