Sunday, February 22, 2009

HOW?

I thought I got an interesting post yesterday. I was really excited to go in for the actual task of making the post. But when I tried to log into my blogger account, I found out there was no internet connectivity. I even tried NetOne, the dial up service from BSNL. That was not working also.

Well, I lost an interesting post.

We got curfew relaxation from 9 in the morning upto--when??

I realy didn't care. Around 9.30 I went out and did some shopping and returned home as soon as I was done with that! Then, I charged into my daily chores. Sundays do not offer any respite from my daily chores like making meals.

When I was preparing to eat my lunch, I heard the police patrols using public address systems to announce that the curfew relaxation time was over. They were exhorting people to go home. I even didn't care to check the time then also.

Damned the curfew.

When I glanced at the headlines this morning, my feeling was that Manipur's situation is increasingly looking like a formulaic Bond film. There is one particular Bond film in which the baddie guy publishes the news before the actual event materializes. Then, he 'lets' the event 'happened'.

That's more or less same situation here.

They are 'letting' upheavals 'happened' here.

The only difference now and a year back is that the baddies' tentacles now reach the hills.

With the media forcedfully made to understand that 'they(the baddies)' are the part of the mosaic of what we call the 'actual power equations' of their present day society, they(the meida men) are effectively shieled from publishing what they think, suspect and then, investigate. The media men are unotrusively made not to make investigations.

The media is not doing its duty.

With the media in such a decay, how would the small men and women of this society make the beginning of a tough soul searching to identify and defeat the 'dark siders' who are 'scripting upheavals' here?

HOW?

No comments: