Friday, February 27, 2009

We are medieval subjects

Yesterday, I badly needed to log into Yahoo account by 2 in the afternoon. But we had a bad power cut starting from early in the morning. We got it back by around 3.30 pm. When I tried to log into my account, I found out that BSNL Broadband was not working.

There was the same scenario this morning also. By around 1 pm I phoned the 'complaint room' and promptly got informed that we should be getting it back by around 2. I further asked him if we could get power tomorrow morning because I had some to finish in the morning. He told me for the period of High School leaving exam we should expect it only during the night time.

At arund 1.30 I got it back. I also found that BSNL's service was ok. To my surprise, I found the download speed markedly better than of average days.

Yesterday, I also visited a friend's place in Naoremthing in the evening. There they got uniterrupted power supply for 2/3 days into the curfew days. Now,there it was back to square one.

My point is--we are being treated like some kind of medieval subjects.

Why don't they try to book the culprits?

Once the culprits are in police custody, there cannot be any unrest.

No comments: