Friday, April 08, 2016

Ima Keithel and the same number 13:Questions galore.

The number 13 simply refuses to go away!

It's not simply refusing to go away but starting to tread the hyper-local space.I'll quote from this news item of two days back:

-------

..... as a senior cabinet minister on condition of anonymity said that the strength of the dissident MLAs has been reduced to only 13 now.

--------

I also the read the news item as what it was--innocuous.There was nothing special about it.The power struggle within a provincial government(like Manipur) and the associated 'buying' and 'selling' MLAs are routine affairs.We do not attach too much importance to them.

But,when I reached Ima Keithel on my daily shopping jaunt that evening,something told me immediately that the news item was not as innocuos as it seemed.I found out that the two keithels, which were pronounced unsafe afrtermath the earthquake but were forcibly occupied by the agitating women vendors,were cleared of womenfolks and their entrances fenced off.

The news item,flashing the number 13, was timed to coincide with the herding out of the women vendors from the two keithels.

Why?

Some weeks back,the storming of the then barricaded two Ima Keithels by the agitating women vendors came almost simultaneously with the announcement of fresh agitations against the migrants.Now,I cannot exactly remember it because I did not read any particular importance to it at that time.Did the two things happen on the same day? We can best describe it as 'almost simultaneously'.

Some players within our midst are responding to the annmouncement of the fresh agitations against the migrants and forced occupations of the two Ima Keithels with number 13.

This moment calls for some explanations regarding the number 13.I'm doing it with quotes from several of my recent posts.


From my March 23,2016 post:

--------

Exactly at that point of time I came to read about Brussels....I was reading tweets as they were coming in by the seconds.I was struck by the repeated reference to the number 13.Despite all the chaos,they kept repeating that 'at least 13 dead' for several hours.I don't want to repeat myself about this particular number.If anybody has had some time to read up my last few posts,they would surely understand my point.


---------

From my March 13,2016 post:

----------

Unknown to us lay newspaper readers,Manipuri film industry seem to be facing life or death situation.Today's newspapers announced the formation of a consultation committee on Manipuri film,involving heavyweight CSOs. .....We come to know the formation of the consultation committee on the 13th of March.

Another important news report that appears on the 13th of March 16 is the spotting of the soldiers of the People's Liberation army of China in the forward post along the line of control(LoC) on the Pakistani side of Kashmir.

Am I trying to link the two reports? Is there any plausible ground for linking the two newsreports?

The answer is number 13.

-----------

From my February 27,2016 post:

-----------

This particular American missile test was codenamed 'Glory Trip 218'.

As was done in my last post,another way of looking at the numbers 2,1 and 8 is yet another 13(21-8).

-----------

From my February 13,2016 post:

-----------

The first foreign troop participated in any 26th January parade is French.Exactly 76 French soldiers took part part in India's Republic Day parade at Rajpath in New Delhi.

Another way of looking at the numbers 7 and 6 is 13.

------------

Now some players within our midst are trying to flash the same number 13 towards our Ima Keithel.

Why? Questions galore,indeed.




No comments: