Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Connection--'VIP' way!

One of my friends was so mad by the incessant power cuts that he went to the substation of the grid feeding his locality. He had in his mind a very loud complaint to the officials present there.

There, the assistant engineer in duty invited him to his office and even, offered tea and talked him down for more than 2 hours! That's right, more than 2 hours.

The gist of the lecture is that the power is availbale but the problem is the non-payment of bills by the consumers.

His advice to my friend--call a meeting of whatever the number of household with whom my friend has good personal relation and tell them that power is avialble if they are ready to pay up regularly. If they are convinced the officials of the deptt will make an official visit and make an assesment of the power requirements of the households. Based on the assesment they will install a brand new instalment and connect it with a 'VIP' line so that the they would get un-interrupted power supply.

The only catch is that the officials won't go to the individual household for collecting payment but instead they would come to my friend. My friend is needed to make a legally-binding undertaking to give payment on a monthly basis. According to the capacity to the transformer they would fix the monthly amount to be paid regardless of the electricity usage--ostensibly, they are not thinking of metering the electricity usage!

I'm enlightened! I've always thought that 'VIP' connections across the street by my house are all the products of clever rule-bending!!

Now, it's clear that 'VIP'line has got official sanction.

In the changed scenario, I'm seriously considering getting a 'VIP' coneection myself.

No comments: