Wednesday, March 18, 2009

DIALTONE!

For many days to come, I got to look for the finer prints of the often-neglected news items in the inner pages of the morning papers. Any pale hints of a budding trends? I'm after trends building up. So many forces are competing to shape this society according to their own agendas. We cannot afford to miss any upcoming trend!

I was in this mode this morning when I saw news item telling us that digging up sewage in Yaiskul area again maulded some phone cables. But it only said that only the neighbouring areas would be affected. I didn't give any particular thought to it.

But when I tried to go online at around 11 in the morning, I found my phone dead. Then I remembered the news item and asked myself--This time, how many weeks of dead phone?

In the afternoon, I was actually planning for phone-less days for the following days. I felt tired of going after the phone guys. Actually, I made plans for going for wireless EDGE connectivity.

When dusk set in, we were confronted with yet another power cut.

I was sitting in the dark and pondering over many issues!

There, slowly, a feeling engulfed me--Oh! how exciting would be the coming phone-less days!! Breathlessly, I started making plans afresh!!!

But, as an afterthought, I reached out and lifted the handset from the cradle and put it over my ear--DIALTONE!

No comments: