Sunday, March 01, 2009

Let there be private functions

I went to a 'Na-hutpa' function.

I always avoid such functions. But this time, I cannot do so because it's the function of my aunty's grand daughter.

I spent the whole morning preparing to go to the function. I reached there by around 11 am. There are so many rituals. When we finished having the meal as the last stage of the ritual it was around 1pm.

Around 100 persons attended the whole proceedings.

Besides the energy wasted on arranging for a function to be attended by 100 persons, there is also the sheer of time for all the concerned.

Why can't have a private function inviting only the close relatives--say,a round 20-30 people?

My point is should some people want to have the public function, as it is functioning it's ok--but if some people like to have a private function, it should have the sanction of the society.

We should break apart this tyranny of having to go for public function for every member of the society.

It's tyranny.

No comments: