Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Most wanted man(as the newspaper puts it).

------------------------------
CM most wanted in Delhi
Source: Hueiyen News Service
Imphal, August 03 2009: Chief Minister O Ibobi, who is presently in Delhi, is said to be swarmed up by national media paparazzis following the report and photos in Tehelka Magazine on the Khwairamband Bazar incident of July 23 .

Sources in Delhi said packs of journalists have thronged the Manipur Bhavan in Delhi in large numbers today seeking interview with the CM.

The journalists were said to have waited for the CM till late in the evening.

It was, however, a disappointment for the journalists as the CM did not grant audience with them.

Sources said he is likely to address the media Tuesday evening.
----------------------------------



It's sometimes appropriate to do a cut and paste job. The above is from a Hueiyen Lanpao report.

Reading it, I get the following impressions:

1. As far as I can remember, the Chief Minister has previuosly scheduled meetings with Planning Commission officials to chalk out the plan outlay of the State. It seems he did not attend to his duties of going there.

2. All the important people there in the Congress party headquarters in New Delhi seemed eager to get the Chief Minister confined to Manipur Bhavan. It's also likely that he was politely instructed not to meet the media.

I get this distinct feeling that the Congress party leadership in Delhi is busy checking out if the Tehelka photographs are fakes or not.

As in the previous day, I was greeted with silence from the street front(my last post). When noon came I began to hear the sounds of explosion of mock bombs used by the police to chase away crowds in the streets. It was, and still is, what the newspapers love to call sporadic sounds of explosions.

As I'm typing this out,I can hear explosions. They come mainly from Singjamei Yumnam Leikai side. Let's say, from Yaiskul side.

As I went out in the evening, the first thing I noticed was that besides the usual posse of Manipur police in duty in the street there were Assam Rifles troopers as well.

As I was going through the street of Paona Bazar, I fancied that I could notice subtle change in the faces of the people. They seemed to feel something important was in the offing.

I bought an eveninger and returned home.

The paper mainly focussed on the pitched battle in the streets of Khurai area between the bandh supporters and the policemen.

Just now, I heard police are using public address systems announcing something. Most probably, they are imposing curfew.

As the Chief Minister has already forfeited his moral right to govern, we have already come face to face a power vacuum here.

No comments: