Sunday, December 17, 2006

Firebombed?

At around 10.10 pm I heard a series of loud thuds of explosions.

Within minutes, we could hear wail of sirens of what it seemed to me of fire services vehicles. I could still hear the sirens when the clock struck 10.30 pm.

I went out to the streets and tried to find out what was happening. All I could see was that all the pan shops around Keisampat which usually opened upto wee hours of the night quickly pulled down their shutters. Quickly, the streets here became dark and deserted.

Today being a bandh ( in protest against the foundation laying of Tipaimukh dam) there apparently were many parties going on in several of my neighbours! I could see them quietly but quickly dispersed.

To me, it seems that some important government properties must be firebombed.

No comments: