Friday, December 08, 2006

That military plane at midnight.

Last night, after posting my story on my blog and after some quick read up, it was nearly midnight. When I was under the Chinese-made duvet, feeling the divine warmth of my bed, it was some minutes past midnight. But unexpectedly for the moment, I heard the sound of the military plane again.

Some parts of me wanted to jump out of the warmth bed and see where the plane was heading. But it was chilly outside. So, still under the duvet, I tried to find out a pattern of the sound of the plane at that hour. It seemed that it was circling some spots towards the North West mountain ranges.

And the plane came again tonight also. It was around 10.30 pm. I was washing my face ready to eat my dinner (oh! All my dinners are always late). With soaps all over my face I ran towards the window and tried to locate the plane. The sound of the plane was coming from North West direction. But I could not see it.

But tonight the sound of the plane was definitely louder meaning that it must flying over some mountain ranges nearer to Imphal valley. And I could hear it for almost 20 minutes.

So, what’s they are up to now carrying military sorties at midnight?

One intriguing scenario is that the militants operating there might make huge bonfire of the abundant woods to fight off the biting cold. So, it is possible that the plane has been trying to seek out those thermal signatures. But it is just a guess.

But I don’t like this. Some very unusual thing is happening around me and I’ve no clue about it.

No comments: