Saturday, December 30, 2006

Why didn't I rebel ?

It must be day before yesterday.

At around 10 in the morning I found out that I had no vegetable to cook. So, I went to Khwairamband Keithel for fresh vegetable.

As I was crossing the Keisampat bridge, it came to my notice that some boys and girls were starting to stage a sit-in protest on the side of the rickshaw parking across the street. They were holding small placards which seemed to me to be hastily put together. I tried to read what were written on them but the distance made them ineligible.

When I returned with my vegetable, they had unfurled a big banner which read that they were against the roughing up their teacher by a particular students’ organization. From the banner I also came to know that they belong to a coaching school which specialized in preparing the students for the entrance exams for engineering and medicine courses.

The banner clearly spelt out the name of the particular students’ organization and I continued walking towards my home wondering what had come to that particular student’s body.

But I was suddenly awaken out of my reverie when I saw that my friend’s furniture showroom have their shutters pulled down and padlocked from outside. I instantly knew that some thing was terribly wrong. The showroom is housed in two shop floors that belong to me.

I avoided my friend and quietly entered my house. There I asked the workmen building my annex what had happened to the showroom while I was away getting my vegetable.

They replied that the volunteers of a particular student’s body came to the showroom, grabbed the padlocks, pulled down the shutters, locked them from outside using the padlocks and simple away with the keys of the padlocks!

What startled me most was that it was the same student’s body against whom the students of the coaching school were protesting in the sit-in protest in the Keisampat junction, which I had seen on the way to the Keithel.

What alarmed me most right at the moment is that I seemed to involuntarily accept the modus operandi of the volunteers of the student’s body.

If it is not the case, why should I forget to mention the incident in my blog on the same day of its happening?

This question alarms me.

No comments: