Friday, February 16, 2007

In a hurry

It was at around 8pm on the night of the 13th when there was a power outrage in my area. The outrage lasted all throughout the night, then the whole day time of the following day and the whole night as well. We have to remember here that 14th is the Election Day. The outrage continued uninterrupted all throughout the Election Day and all throughout the night as well. We got electricity at around 4 in the afternoon only today!

So, everybody was trying to abandon the sinking ship? All the minor officials of the essential services like electricity got winds that this government is returning to power again and did not take orders form the higher officials?

Or is it the case of some officials willfully manufacture an outrage on the Election eve to influence the undecided voters? Any undecided voter confronting with nearly 50 hours of power outrage on the Election Day would surely curse and would wish that the government be thrown out of power. Is something tried to create that scenario?

Or, is it the case a blogger letting loose all his imaginations and creating mountain out of anthill?

In any case, my plan for updating this blog 3 or 4 times on the Election Day could not be fulfilled. I’m sorry for that. And right at the moment I’m helpless if I’m confronted with a prolonged power outrages.

And most fittingly, when I went inside the polling station to cast my vote I found out that somebody had already voted impersonating me!

It is now fairly certain that the Congress Party is not returning to power in the State.

But tonight I’m in a little hurry because I got to rise early in the morning for meeting a friend. I’ll come back tomorrow with more details.

No comments: