Thursday, February 22, 2007

Well, what did she say?

Some five/six buildings down the street towards Keisamthong there sprung up a film training institute. A sizable number of students are coming to the institute and it appears that most of them art girls. Why that’s so? I have no idea but it may just explain the dearth of leading men in today’s Manipuri cinema!

They cannot dress up. They are coming to the institute in uniform. Despite the constraint of having to come in uniforms, they are still fashionable, shapely and well, beautiful.

That so many beautiful girls have to converge in a single building in a fairly predictable timing means that a lot of guys are also converging in groups in the shops and businesses along the route.

This afternoon I went out to the furniture showroom of my friend. Believe me, I went out there for talking business with my friend. As luck would have, my friend happened to go out for some errands and I had to wait for him sitting there.

Just then, the girls were coming out of the institute in small groups as the day’s classes were over. As they were making their small and dainty steps along the street, they were making it gay, colorful and yes, lively.

I could notice that two girls came out last, making the tail end of the streaming groups of beauties along the street. The two crossed the showroom where I was sitting and after some minutes, they returned. Just as they again re-crossed the showroom, one of the girls turned her haughty head towards the side of the street, where, unmistakably, some guys were gathering. She conjured up one of those charming smiles and said..

Well, what did she say?

She said---‘Dhut’!

Normally, a girl should not take the first step but with a ‘dhut’ it can be done! More than that, it was not taken as a first step but just a playful gesture which did not make the guys mad and at the same time not construed as too inviting.

Above all, ‘dhutting’ is also very feminine!

‘Dhut’ is a wonderful word!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello thеre аnd thаnk yοu
for youг info – ӏ have ceгtaіnly piсked up anything neω from right here.
Ι did hoωever eхρertise а few technical
іѕsues using this website, as І experienсeԁ
to reload the webѕite lots of tіmes pгeviouѕ to I
could get іt tο load propеrly.
I had been ωondering іf your ωeb host is OK?
Not that I am cοmplаining, but ѕluggiѕh loading instanсes tіmes wіll often affect your placement in google аnd could damage уour quality scοrе
іf adveгtiѕіng аnd mагketing wіth Adωorԁs.
Αnyway I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

Stop by my page ... seo