Monday, April 16, 2007

Godsent bandh!

We have today’s bandh called off midway as there was an agreement between the aggrieved parties and the government. That’s a commendable job for this government. But the bandh for the 17th still stands!

So, who moved quickest in response to the still born bandh?

Cinema theatres.

They were responding quickly to the new development and were taking in customers in their afternoon shows. That’s a commendable show of nimbleness.

In contrast, most of the business houses failed to open for business when it was known that the bandh was called off.

Most of the day, I was also at home. And the good news is that I can find a good ending for my screenplay. If there was not this bandh and I had not that chance of staying home all day long, I might have not been able to find that good ending.

On a personal level, this bandh(let’s say, half-bandh) is godsent!

So, who says bandhs are always bad?

No comments: