Monday, August 06, 2007

On the 5th day

If the media men rejoined their respective newsroom this 5th day of August, there should be evening papers late in the evening. But I could not find any papers in the newsstand this evening. I made several enquiries but it seems that the evening papers fail to come out this evening.

This could only mean that the issue was not resolved at all. Please see my last 3 posts to get an idea about the issue.

The most likely scenario is that some less resourceful rebel groups object to the terms of settlement engineered by the media men. Please my last post to get an idea about this.

I have this hunch that some of the more resourceful rebel groups might have quite readily accepted the terms of the settlement. Then, it stands to reason that there might follow re-alignments and reconsolidations amongst the rebel groups. It’s so because the only way is either to get the objecting rebel groups to withdraw their hard lined stance or to get the media men to agitate all over again to force the Government to rescind the ordinance. If some of the more resourceful groups stand behind the media men, the 2nd option would not happen. So, it only points to the likely re-alignments and reconsolidations amongst the rebel groups.

The present state of the stalemate has all the ingredients to snowball into a major, major crisis of this society.

I thought that the issue was resolved. I got the hints of the stalemate only in late evening when I failed to notice any eveningers. By that time, I could not get any further news and information. I tried listening to 7.30 pm news on radio but there was nothing about the issue. The only one news there that stood out was that there was a bomb blast near Gate no 1 in the international borders in Moreh.

Right a the moment, I’m itching to get some additional information but I’ve to wait for tomorrow.

No comments: