Thursday, August 16, 2007

Today's snippets

Today was a total waste of time. I also overslept. It was nearly 11 am when I woke up. On the previous day, we were mentally coaxed to accept that today would be a day which would be completely shut down. Thus mentally chaperoned, why should not I overslept on such days?

Actually, I planned to do a lot of laundry today but it didn’t simply happen. Today kind of just went away. It seems to me that I was just a helpless bystander---looking at a day in my life just simply slipping away. What a pity!

Well, well, I should not fail to note that I finally managed to open my Google reader account and add several new subscriptions. I’ve been planning to get hands on with that task for several months now. I did it today! What a day!!

Today’s place in history might be the open stance of students’ community of Churachandpur district as announced by all the papers. Now, they were openly saying that it would be duties of all of the citizens, besides the Government machineries, of the district to drive away the ‘valley-based’ rebels from the geographical areas of the district.

To my mind, it is a very significant development.

It forms the one arm of the two-pronged strategy to break apart the working relations between the Burmese Army and some rebel groups. ( If Kuki-Chin-Mizo communities want to ‘drive away’ ‘valley-based’ rebels, it would be tough for the rebels groups to work in geographical proximity of the Burmese Army).

Another arm of the strategy would be to question the ‘principle’ itself of establishing a working relation with the Burmese Army. The Burmese Army is continuing the decade-old program of systematic repression of Kuki-Chin-Mizo communities there. They even employed ‘mass rape tool’ to achieve this task. Why should anybody have any truck with such an Army?

Another section of the people would say that the Burmese Army is also suppressing the Nagas in the Upper Burma region. Anybody who has any working relations with it would be construed as against the Naga sovereignty. Isn’t it a just demand that some rebel groups of Manipur should not be against Naga sovereignty?

Some section would say the Burmese Army is anti-democratic. Should not it be stand to reason that some rebel groups, by virtue of establishing a working relation with it, are also accepting the anti-democratic path?

They would seek to enlist the Kuki-Chin-Mizo communities, some ‘valley-based’ rebel groups and the Nagas to act out the script of the two-pronged strategy in the coming months. These areas would become red hot in the coming months.

Didn’t I mention earlier that I stayed indoors all the day long today? But, as the dusk set in, I went out to throw some garbage. There I found a neat envelop slipped underneath the rolling shutter of my gate. It was an invitation card.

Invitation card for the premier of the film---‘NANGSE..’.

No comments: