Sunday, February 28, 2021

My boyish excitement

 For the past few days,I have been boyishly excited!


Excited at the prospect of getting to know the last mile personification of our book distribution network.But this does not mean that I was not terribly let down by the moments that follows those excitement--moments facing me and telling me in no nonsense term that I should be able to go out and get acquainted with those last mile fellows only on Saturdays and Sundays.(Of course,I am assuming that the cunning psychopaths would loosen their lawless but still, operative under the radar of our justice system,siege on me for the book publishing time period--I do think that the possibility of this happening in this world is very slim).Of course,the villain is the boyish excitement!



This excitement,though boyish,happened to be immune even to the news of Government of India's regressive effort to control the digital news sector.


I am also terribly surprised by the timing of the announcement.It happened almost simultaneously with the announcement of the 48 hours strike by the journalists of Manipur.Why such 'coincidence' fail to  bring forth conspiracy theorists of many interesting hues! I wonder!! 


But the first thing first.


My monograph should be a good buy.There should be absolutely no compromise on this front.


I have,at least,three doable but extremely risky plans to disrupt the last mile part of our book distribution network.But I would not 'talk' about it because I would like to see myself rather 'walk the talk' very shortly.( Boyish excitement,again!).But I may also end up losing all my money.And I am feeling sad at the prospect leading some of my friends to a path where they also would lose some parts of their money.


But I would like to talk about micro payment.A micro payment system, organically aligned to our society.I always find that I have been perennially put off by the currently available micro payment system when I was totally determined to subscribe to several news sites,when I was certain particular stuff,a good buy etc.


If we can start a little beginning in this direction,three sectors would have the chance to induce transformation  unto themselves --cinema,songs and books.


I think we have already the local networks in 'marups' and self help groups.The only thing lacking is the overarching network so as to enable it to reap the network effects of all these already existing and very energetic local 'marups' and self help groups.


I think that it is now just the right time to erect this overarching network.


I am excited.(But,is it,still, that boyish excitement of mine?1?).

No comments: