Friday, May 12, 2006

Broadband guy

Remember my application for broadband connection?

After submitting the technical feasibility report to the ‘concerned officer’, I met the guy at the desk for the third time today.

At the first meeting he told me to come on Monday.

At the second meeting, he said it was mandatory for him to send me the ‘demand note’ for charges for installation, price of modem etc by registered post. I was surprised and asked him if there was any mix up in the procedure. He said no and it was absolutely mandatory for him to use the registered post.

Today, I went to him to inquire if he had dispatched the demand note by registered post. He said yes and told to wait for the note coming my way by registered post!

But after reaching home, the guy at the desk rang me up and told me that due to some mix ups my demand note was not dispatched yet. He said that my application form itself was somehow misplaced. Surprise!

He calmly proceeded to ask me all the details already furnished in the application form like date of birth, address, type of product etc. He took nearly 15 minutes on the phone to note down all details.

Finally, he told me that he would dispatch the note today itself. He also told me that the initial amount payable to them for the service is Rs 3870/-. No, I didn’t ask him the break ups—I can always wait for the details to arrive by the registered post, can’t I?

After he hung up, I got the feeling that that my application form itself was there in his desk all the while and he was verifying the details over phone.

Why is this verification necessary?

No comments: