Monday, May 01, 2006

I uprooted them

I can’t really remember the name. It’s some sort of ‘parthenium something’. It comes all the way from Africa.

Its pollens when inhaled damage human respiratory system.

And it grows so fast also. It’s only some months ago that all the shrubs growing in the riverbank of Nambul were cut down by the members of the club of our leikai.

I planned to uproot those growing in that length of the riverbank which parallels the breadth of my property yesterday. When I was about to go out to the riverbank I could see the motorcade of the Governor coming along the road. Presumably for an official engagement. The motorcade would return along this road. And I should not be uprooting shrubs in the riverbank along the road where the highest dignitary of the State was expected to pass! I had to do the uprooting today, being a holiday for May Day.

The river Nambul is just across the road; and I’m in great unease that the pollens might reach my living rooms.

My god! They are growing so luxuriantly. And I uprooted them—may be, more than a hundred of them. Some of them grow as tall as me.

I simply throw them in the river Nambul. Anything (I mean,ANYTHING!) have nano chance of surviving the blackish smelling water of this river!

I’m totally exhausted tonight.

No comments: