Monday, May 29, 2006

Just joined the email campaign by Somi Roy.

I joined the email campaign by Somi Roy. My email text is:

__________________________________________
Hello Zakir,

We grew watching you on TV. What impressed me most was that you looked refreshing, modern amidst those traditional musical instruments and the accompanying traditionalist-looking men and women.

Refreshing, modern and a star.

But, lately, you are hurting the feelings of lot of people. That’s very unlike of you.

Everybody is asking for a public apology. I think that gives you an excellent opportunity to introspect. Introspect like this:

“Is this really me, Zakir Hussain? Zakir Hussain, the icon, having such a filthy mouth??”

C’mon, Zakir, filthy mouths suck.
__________________________________________________
I sent that to Somi Roy.

But something is bothering me a lot now. I first heard about the email campaign from Bem cross posting here. That’s about 10 days ago. But that did not move me to do anything. Last night, I heard about it again in E-pao and that prompted me to write to Zakir Hussain.

How is that so? Something you find in a personal blog is less important than those found in a portal? A portal is more imposing but not certainly more trustworthy. So?

I feel really bad about this.

But I had to go back to Bem’s post to get the email id of Somi Roy—E-pao do not have that id!

Thanks Bem.

No comments: