Monday, May 15, 2006

Just a film--but not for review!

Yesterday, I went to a movie.

I’m actually in a mood to do a good review. But, not for this film. I chose to see it for its director. I want to see at least a film for every director.

This film is the first Moirangthem Inao-directed film I’ve seen. The name of the film is ‘Leihourage’. The lead actors are Sadananda and Binata. Supported by Denny, Manda and Sunila. Kind of a multi-starrer.

I’m not certain about this. But the film was showing in a packed house. Is it because of yesterday being a Sunday? I’m not certain.

The film was so constrained by the use of a single camera in some crucial scenes. Those scenes cry for three or four cameras—well, that’s my opinion. I’m not an expert here. Being a Moirangthem Inao-screen play, the dialogues are very good. But that single camera cannot (how can it?) keep pace with dialogues .So many DV camera are here. Why don’t they three or four cameras for some of the scenes?

Last heard, Manda was about to get married. By now she might already be a married woman. In this film itself, her mind seems to be somewhere else. It’s distressing to see her in that mood.

The leading lady, in some scenes, reminds me of Goldie Hawn. But this film is about romance. Then, you safely say that it will be one hell of a romantic movie!

I’ll see the first films coming my way by the directors Romi Meetei, Chou-en-lai (yes, the spelling is correct! I even saw a movie by Homen D’wai!!), Gyaneshori and another lady director, whose name I can’t remember right now.

That will be three films.

Then, I’ll see the first film coming my way which is a Gung-starrer. He is the hottest hunk right now.

In between these four films I’ll try to give you a good review.

No comments: