Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm continuing

I feel bad that anybody reading this may get bored. Because, I’ve been trying to ‘decode’ the cryptic messages sent out by the rebels and those in charge of containing them. If I’ve to carry on with the ‘decoding job’ non-stop for weeks now, there is bound to be reactions. I’m aware of that.

But how the cryptic messages speed through this society, how one of those messages get a fitting reply from another quarter of the society and, most importantly, how I attempt to decode them in real time, greatly excite me.

That’s why I’ve been blogging about those tings on and on for weeks now. A post in my blog is what excites me or what pisses me off, on that particular day. So far, I’ve been truthfully laying down those feelings here.

I keep on making posts because I’m living through exciting days.

So, I’ve no option but to continue!

I’ve no links for Mr Makhonmani Mongsaba ( because, at the present rate of internet penetration, we are but a ‘linkless’ society). He is into films—producer and director. Apparently, he is right now in Vellore-Cooimbatore area. The other day, he telephoned (from there) his media friends telling them that all the Manipuris there are being harassed by Tamil Nadu police in the aftermath of the arrest of a vice president of rebel group of Manipur.

He was arrested right after he was successfully operated upon in a coimbatore hospital for some spinal Cord ailment. He was under constant and direct surveillance of Intelligence Bureau ( responsible for internal intelligence of Indian State) and the military intelligence.

Uncharacteristically, the military admitted that their intelligence operatives kept a tab on the phone conversations of the rebel leader. Are they making a alibi for covering a mole in that rebel outfit?

But what’s most interesting is that the rebel was flown into Imphal by a special Air Force plane.

Special Air Force planes are reserved for a few very select senior ministers, that too during emergency.

Then,why he was getting that VVIP treatment?

The cryptic message is that though he is a rebel they were treating him with a lot of respect and importance. They are saying that they were giving him the especial treatment of availing to him the service of special Air Force plane.

This is an extremely polish and sophisticated face of the many faceted counter-insurgency strategy of the Government of India.

Read this together with how they managed to rope in some communities like Hmar to make direct onslaught on the rebels, how they can persuade some parties to go as far as Chin State in Burma to hit the Burmese Army there, then you will find that Union of India is the true leader of the community of nations in the arena of counter insurgency and low intensity warfare.

Personally, I’ll give 10 out of 10 to the counter-insurgency operatives of the Union of India.

No comments: