Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yet another riddle?

All the papers I had read did not carry the news of the clash Manipur’s rebels with Burmese army (my last post). I could not get hold of only 3 papers—yakairol, Huyen Lanpao and Ereibak.

So, the source of the news is not trustworthy enough? Or, it cannot be independently confirmed?

But all the papers I read carried a clarification of a rebel group. This is one of the three groups that constitutes MPLF. The clarification told us that it had no involvement in the reported clash with the Burmese army. But the most interesting part is that the clarification clearly stated that MPLF had been reduced to a state where it functioned only as the producer of press notes! As such, there is no possibility of MPLF involving in the class.

Well, that’s the most interesting clarification. It carries so many underlying meanings and shades of meaning that it will take awhile to digest them and put them in their logical orders.

Do you not notice that the Times of India report was dead lined Agartala? Well, some how, such small details tell me that there is something fishy about all these developments.

I hate to say this but all the ingredients for a classic geo-political riddle are slowly converging.

I only hope that it does not develop into one of those unbearable riddles now throttling the people of Manipur.

No comments: