Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sooner than later!

Last night, my kitchen knife made a fairly deep cut at the very tip of my right thumb. That happened while I was cleaning and cutting a fish for the dinner.

I immediately doused spirit over the cut and bandaged it.

I struggled through the cleaning of the fish and then, making my dinner.

After dinner, while I was brushing my teeth, I slipped on the floor. To avoid falling flat on my ass I grabbed the nearest object, well, with my right hand. I avoided the fall but my right thumb was bleeding again while grabbing for my balance.

I had to re-bandage it.

I was furious with myself for such sloppiness and went straight to my bed.

This morning I went to the nearest clinic and asked them if a tetanus shot was called for. They simply replied that I could still go for it. I was confused. Would it still serve any purpose? Anyway, I got the shot and bought fresh first aid kits.

While I was putting the kits in the cabinet I eyed them, with some parts of me asking myself when I would first open the kits again. Because I was determined to be careful and such accidents were really rare.

But this afternoon, I crouched under my desk to pick up a pencil. I was so intent on looking at the pencil that I was not aware of the edge of the table just at the level of my forehead. As I lunged for the pencil my forehead directly hit the edge of the table. I was stunned, forcing me on all my fours on the floor.

As I was rubbing my forehead, I noticed that I was rubbing over some sticky substance.

I dragged my self to the mirror and found out that my forehead was bleeding.

So, I opened the just bought kits and made a bandage for my forehead.

I opened them so soon!

No comments: