Wednesday, May 09, 2007

DSL is dead

I’ve been testing my DSL. It has been dead since last night. I posted last night by using dial up service.

So, I was on the phone whole this afternoon contacting the help desk for the broadband service of BSNL.

First, a lady came on the line and she asked me to unplug all the cables and re-plug them anew. I did that. Nothing happened. She told me to reset the router. That was new to me and so, I told her that I would call her as soon as I was through the re-set thing.

It turned out to be a quite a simple thing. But after resetting the router, the broadband was still dead.

Again, I picked up the phone but it was never answered.

I tried ringing up for nearly 2 hours at 15 minutes interval! At last, at around 4 a man came on the line.

He repeated all the questions the lady had earlier asked me. At last, he asked me to check the two cables coming out of the ADSL splitter. Splitter? I thought it was meant for splitting the ADSL signal for a second computer and never use it!

The tech guy was horrified that I was using the service the service without the splitter for the last month!

Now, I’ve already connected the cables via the splitter but still it's not working.

I'm still using dial up to post this.

No comments: