Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yesterday

These are the glimpses of what yesterday was!

Quite early in the morning, I went for a haircut. I wanted to be among the first customers there. As I reached there, there were already 3 guys sitting there, thumbing their cells, waiting for the finish of haircut of their friend, which was presently in full swings.

I asked the hairstylist if I could be the next.

He, in turn, asked the 3 guys sitting there if any of them would have a hair cut. They said in chorus—‘NO’.

So, I was there waiting for my turn.

But as soon as their friend was finished with his cut, one of three guys sitting said he changed his mind and he would have a hair cut as well!

In similar manner, the remaining 2 guys also changed their minds in the last moments and had their hair cut one after the other. And I was sitting there patiently waiting for the completion of 4 haircuts in a row!

Now, cut to the scene at night. After my supper, I started up my desktop. My creaking desktop takes several minutes to fully boot up. I was there in front of it watching the red blinking light. Slowly, the blinking light started to fade out, signaling that it was completing booting up the programs.

Just at this moment, the light went out!

Immediately, I shut down my desktop!!

No comments: