Monday, July 16, 2007

Something fishy?

There is something fishy here.

Either there is willful covering up of news or there were some mix ups in the blood samples.

I would welcome the second scenario. Bird flu virus is the last thing we need here in Imphal. We have had enough problems in hand.

But it should be very clearly understood that we cannot tolerate a cover up. If there was an actual detection of the virus here, every citizen should have the right to know the status of the virus on hourly basis.

But today I could not find any news or any development. I thought of visiting my friend again. But he has enough shares of his own worries—looking at his face, I got the impression that he had just reached the end of this world! I phoned another friend asking him if he heard something. He phoned me back telling me that everything seemed to be normal.

I also forgot to mention something in my last post. My friend very clearly told me that Joint Secy(home) and Joint Secy(vety) of the Union Government would be visiting Imphal today itself. What had happened to that visit? I tried to find out in today’s eveningers here but there was nothing.

But we should also agree that premature announcement should also be bad enough, causing panic among the general population. And we should also take into account the proverbial inefficiency of the Government here to respond to any minor contingency, leave alone responding to vastly complicated case of a bird flu outbreak.

Let’s give them 2/3 days. Within that time frame if we don’t hear anything official, I’ll definitely start asking around.

This certainly calls for an investigation.

No comments: