Wednesday, April 02, 2008

FOSS 2008

I planned to be there and to spend maximum time, observing and learning new things. But I could not make it to the opening day, that is, yesterday.

I was also late there today. I was able to just catch the last presenter of the day and so,of the event. The presenter was Dr Linthoi Akoijam, who is the general secretary of European Manipuri Association. It enthuses me alot seeing the presenter trying to contantly break the barrier between the audience and herself. She wanted to interact with her audinece. It is refreshing seeing that kind of effort.

Of course, I was in the last rows observing the whole procedure!

My general impression is that as most of the organizers are from the corporate sectors, if not techies, they seem to be trying to expand the audience of their familiar power point representation! Naturally, they sometimes seem awkward in trying to reach out to a wider circle. But it is really heartening to see all of them trying to reach out.

In future events, I'll try to be there in time.

As the event was in MU campus, I also pay a visit to the University library. I was trying to update myself on my regular journals and magazines. When I was to go out I try the good old 'poknapham'. I was just browsing through the headlines. In the foreign news section, there was this innocuos item of encounter with a UFO in Pennsylvania, USA. It said USAF's raptor fighters intercepted it and forced to land in the airbase. There elite US military commandos storm the spacecraft and captired four the ETs. I said 'WOW' and just trying to absorb the shock, I wander towards the end of the news.

There, it said--'Courtesy April Fool'.

C'mon, I forgot it--today is April Fool!!

No comments: