Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wellness vs sensitivity

When I first read a short piece on how sunbathing for about one and half hour daily is extremely good for health, my instant reaction was—“That must be true”. That piece sounded so true!

When you keep yourself covered most of the time and using sun-blocking lotions, how will you going to get Vitamin D? Vitamin D is much essential for proper body metabolism. Now, new researches have already proven that Vitamin D deficiency triggers major illnesses in human. So, exposing maximum parts of the body to the sunlight when the sun is young makes a lot sense to me. I suppose UV ray comes into play when sunlight becomes harsher as the day goes on.

So, I make it a point to take my bath in the open at around 10 am everyday. How can you possibly find a separate time for sun bathing? I try to expose as much body as possible and to try to linger on as long as I can! But 1 hour is the maximum I can manage so far!

Most important, I have this sense of wellness when I keep following this routine of mine. I think we need to have that sense of wellness now and then.

But today, it was raining in the morning. It was already 1 pm when the rain stops and the good sun makes its grand appearance. Immediately I rushed to have my bath in the sunshine!

Now, I have a running nose for taking bath so late in the afternoon! That’s not because I’m a weakling or in a bad health but because my body is so sensitive to even a minor changes like the timing of my taking bath. It can discern some minor fluctuations in my daily routine and give appropriate punishment for that!

And, I fancy that having a sensitive body is not that bad at all.

No comments: