Sunday, April 13, 2008

Imphal is parched

The tap ran dry. Not a drop of water comes out it. For how many weeks now? It must be 7-8 weeks now!

There is a lot of construction works going on right now. Those constructions entail digging up of several popular roads, which, in turn, damage several main trunks of the networks of pipes carrying water.

So, everybody tries to understand it and so, keeps mum. Past few weeks saw people buying up water. It is quite a change!

Today, my drinking water stocks touch alarming level. I actually have stocks that would last for several days only. I began examining several options for emergency procurement of water!

But I pinned my hopes for not implementing those options on TODAY! Why?

Today is 12th of April and the following day would be another Cheiraoba. For several weeks now, I kept trusting my gut feelings that there would be water on the pipelines on the day before Cheiraoba. If not, I would have to go for some emergency procurement.

I made it a point not to go out today. But 2.30 pm came and went away. Nothing happened. 2.30 pm is the usual time for the water to start running through the pipes.

Then, at around 5 pm, the light also went. I was on my desk shutting down my computer. Just then, there was this commotion in the neighborhood. Real commotion! I just knew there must water in the taps!!

Sure enough, there was water! Now, I have several weeks’ stock. But, still, it’s not certain when would it starts flowing again next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good topic, could be better if projected the real water crisis.

Bobo