Thursday, June 25, 2009

Millet, millet!

I bet it would be a little irritating for the 'novice'to hear the lectures by my sis and her husband about the virtue of meditation.But if you are a little into wellness, like me,you would be able to understand their enthuasiasm.

It's heartening to find out that they are starting to question the traditional kitchen and they are actually acting on some newer ideas of how we eat.

But all my remaining three sisters in Imphal are firmly moored onto the traditional kitchen.

In my mind, we need to start questioning the traditional kitchen. Traditional kitchen is desperately in need of newer ideas.

We talked a lot about the practice of wellness and of breaking away from the traditional kitchen.

On one such occassion, I just mentioned in passing that millet is the best staple food but it's not availbale here in Imphal.

After several days, my sister was there at my house with the millet!

She asked around and found a shop selling millet.

I tried making porridge of millet and found out that it's okay.

I'm going in for corn and millet as soon as my stock of peas exhausted itself in a few days time!

No comments: