Sunday, June 07, 2009

Troubles ahead

Are we already in trouble?

There was a story in the Times of India,NE edition dated 6th June telling us that the rainfall in NE has been decreasing at the rate of 10mm per decade.

Is the general trend all over the globe?

I got it from the story that the trend is specific to the NE.

The story further told us that decreasing rainfall in the rest of the Ne would be accompanied with increasing cases of floods in Arunachal Pradesh. This is because of the melting of snows in the Tibetan plateau.

The story stated that the surface temperature of the NE States has been increaing steadily as a direct effect of the decreasing rainfall.

Today also there were only spurts of rainfall. Somethng is definitely lacking that's clearly discernible in ordinary June rainfall. I wish I was wrong in saying this.

I read the story in library on saturday. I'm not in a mood to find the links in their online edition.

No comments: