Wednesday, June 03, 2009

What's life without some struggles?

I'm again struggling with my fooding regiment.

It turns out that the foods we eat determines the pH profile of our body. To be healthy, we need to keep the profile slightly alkaline, around 6-7 on the scale of 0-10.

I learnt that both wheat and rice are acid forming foods. If we eat two big portions of either rice or wheat based foods, there is no way we can keep our body's pH profile alkaline.

Generally, fruits and vegetables are alkaline producing foods. Only millet, taken to form part of wheat or rice in the sense of staple foods, is alkaline producing.

I've no idea if millet is grown here at all. Corn is controversial--some say it's acid forming while others say it's alkaline forming. Peas are slightly alkailne forming.

I'm depending on this site for looking up which is alkaline or acid forming.

Another important thing is that we should not eat acid and alkaline forming at a time. We need to space out the two foods. If our stomach produce 'acid' and 'alkali'at the same time, we have the problem of bad digestion.

So, I've been struggling to space out the two foods. Breafast is lot of fruits and vegetables. How do we eat vegetables for breakfast? Once I read that best way(most nutritious) of cooking vegetable is to pour bioiling water over it. I've been wondering if it would properly cook the vegetables. Past weeks saw me experimenting with it! And I've learnt that it actually cooks!

After a spcae of some hours, I'm eating eggs and walnuts and cashew nuts, all of them surprisingly acid forming.

Then, corn break bread for lunch.

In the evening, I just microwave some portions of cucumbur.

For supper?

Right now, I'm cooking peas. Peas are delicious!

No comments: