Thursday, March 15, 2007

First day of DSL

At around 3 in the afternoon, I got a call. It was from BSNL and it asked me if I had applied for their DSL service. When I replied ‘yes’, it told me to come their office.

At their office, after waiting for more than 20 minutes for my turn, I was made to sign a memo stating that I had received the modem for DSL and all other related peripherals. Then I was given the modem and a short lecture on how to install the modem.

But I wonder what had happened to the installation fee we were forced to shell out?

Back home, I finally found that one of my USB ports was not functioning and the other working one was already used for my mouse. And I’ve no Ethernet card either. BSNL’s DSL service has two options of either to route through the USB or through an Ethernet card.

So, I’m installing an ethernet card and replace the USB port.

No comments: