Sunday, March 04, 2007

Still 4 days' hiatus

It was already quarter past midnight when I finished eating my dinner last night. So, I quickly checked my mails and after that, I went to bed. I was late returning from a friend’s place.

Interesting tidbits about the just concluded election are still flowing in. It is said some rebel groups were actively working for the defeat of the MPP candidates. They were not working for the election of any particular candidate, but just for the defeat of the MPP candidates. Apparently, there is intense bickering between different rebel groups.

Again, the just concluded election also brought to the fore the fact of Mr Muivah’s declining fortune. Now, I think that the people in the hills had already felt that there was something terribly wrong with Mr Muivah and his policies. For the rest of us, it took the full rolling out of an election to become aware of that.

Today’s papers reported Mr Muivah’s departure for Delhi for another round of talks with Delhi people. Somehow it seems that Muivah and his team were leaving Dimapur with the full knowledge that they had no chance of winning anything in this round also. They already sounded like a pack of losers.

Today’s papers also announced that there will be only 3 day’s holidays in their offices. They will resume works on the 7th to publish papers for the next day’s edition. It is to be accepted that it is an improvement but we still have to go without papers for 4 days—from 4th up to 7th. I still think it is a terribly long period of time for a society to go without newspapers.

No comments: