Friday, March 30, 2007

To the movie

It was 2.30 at the afternoon when I was having my lunch. I was in the middle of my lunch when I heard a huge short circuit with a loud explosion from the direction of the sub station in the Keisampat power house just across the Nambul. Nambul, by the way, has become a wide, smelly and open sewage, at least, in the stretch that runs over our leikai.

Hearing that explosion, I said to myself—‘This time for how many days? For how many days have we to go without electricity?’

In the evening, when I went out to the reading room, I made enquiries at their office, which is along the way. They replied that workmen were already attending to the problem and they were trying to restore services. I wanted to know if we could, by any chance, get power at night. They replied they were trying their best, which I thought was another way of telling us that we had to go electricity at night.

At the reading room, there were only 3 or 4 dailies (I don’t what happens to the rest of the dailies). When I finished reading them it was not even 5 in the evening.

We would be having a night without electricity and there I was out of the reading room before 5 pm. So, why should not I grab the opportunity that presented itself?

In another words, I’ve been trying to find time for going to a movie by the director named O. Gautam. I’ve not seen a movie by this director, I mean, not until this evening.

So, I went to the movie. It was the 5 pm show.

No comments: