Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The salon itself

I was in a hurry last night. I should say something about the beauty salon itself. I was in a hurry because I wanted to shut the computer down and to go to bed not later than 11 pm.

My favorite beauty salon is run by a husband and wife team. It’s a simple affair. A small place in the ground floor space in Paona Bazar area. My only purpose of going there is for my hair cut. I must emphasize that I’m not into any other area of beauty care.

I should also mention that at Rs 30/- for a hair cut it is quite reasonable. But I also see a lot of men coming in and freely spending 200-300 bucks. In things like face wash, threading! It is always quite an experience for me seeing all those things. I even didn’t know what threading was until I started frequenting this salon. May be, it’s the world of metrosexuals.

Despite the unpretentiousness of the place it is quite a popular salon, for men, at least. The husband and wife team has the flair for hair dressing. My only grudge is that they do not take risk. They only ask the customer what style they want and they try to fashion that. I think they are quite capable of putting in their inputs looking at the face type, condition of the hair etc. But they refrain from taking that risk.

What is life without some risks?

No comments: