Tuesday, March 13, 2007

On a Monday

Well, at the beauty salon the hairdresser seemed visibly tired to the bone. It was around 3 in the afternoon. I went there around that time fully aware that I would have to be in a long queue at any hour earlier than that.

On Mondays and Fridays there is usually heavy rush of customers in every salon in town. We have this custom of getting hair cuts on these two days. It is believed to be good for you.

Earlier, I go for my hair cut mostly on Tuesdays. By custom, Tuesday is a no no day. So, most of the salons are deserted on this day. So, you can get your hair cut with a relaxed mood and the attention of the hairdresser mostly on you.

But, suddenly, I also want to fall in line. Now, I want to go for my hair cuts either on a Monday or a Friday. What’s happening with me? Do I become superstitious so suddenly? Is it superstition at all?

No comments: