Friday, March 16, 2007

Testing the Imphal DSL

I went to the store run by my fav computer guy. My first question to him was: Should I opt for a connection through Ethernet port or a USB port to get nearest to the promised 256 kbps?

He replied: 256? NEVER.

I said: What about 128?

He replied: NO CHANCE

I said: So?

He replied: You would be lucky if you get 56 kbps!

I was flabbergasted and blurted out that they had marketed the package as having a speed of 256 kbps! He looked at me and only smiled. I felt like I had just descended from another planet!

He got me two new USB ports. I’ve now 4 of them—three working.

I tested the BSNL’s DSL service.

>> I got a download speed of around 40 kbps. When I was in a dial up mode, I usually got around 3-4 kbps. When I was in the dial up, the speed I got was around 30 kbps. 10 times the download speed means that I might be getting around 256 kbps.

>> I can watch video clips from YouTube. But there is some loading time.

>> What really annoyed me is when listening to songs in MySpace, there is that brief buffering. Should 256 speed have that buffering? I’m really confused.

I also tried listening to Yahoo’s LaunchCast radio. There was less buffering there.

When going to the LaunchCast radio I logged into Yahoo Messenger. There I met an old friend of mine. It must be 3 years now when I stopped going into IMing. Where do I get the time anyway?

But when I chatted with my friend this evening, I felt really good. It’s nice to hear from her. She said she’s planning to return to college to get a degree on Social Service. I like that.

I still like her a lot. She is the only one amongst the girls I met online with whom I develop a really close relationship. I can really relate to her.

I’m still confused how that part of my life ended. Is there an ending for every good thing in life?

Well, you will only to see her in yellow to get an idea how beautiful she is!

No comments: