Saturday, June 24, 2006

Again the lecture

I went again to meet the trustees of the Arambam Somorendra Trust. When I last met them, they were not certain of the hosting service and also asked me for my opinion of how best to put the lecture online. They even asked me if it will be ok to put it in a blog form.

I myself have been a little confused as to what will be the form the lecture should take, given that their trust seems to be not very active and the lecture appears to be a once-in-a –year phenomenon. So, I think blog is not appropriate.

So, I to;d them that it will be more appropriate to use a free hosting service like Geocities.

And I also want to see the uploading through as I’ve already become the initiator of it, albeit unwittingly. As if it is a bread and butter business of mine!

Anyway, I’ll give you the link as soon as it is available online.

But I must not fail to mention this: all the trustees I’ve been meeting are all, nearing their 60s or, crossing that mark. But some of them seem to put in a lot of efforts to get to know the internet and they are actually reading blogs! 60 years olds reading blogs, that too in a place called Imphal which is neatly tucked away in a time warp—it’s a great news!

I'm certainly enthused by it.

No comments: