Saturday, June 10, 2006

I was late

I was late returning home from ‘1st Arambam Somorendro Memorial Lecture’ held at JN Dance Academy. Returning home, as I was sitting sipping my green tea, it was already 8.30 pm. And I had a dinner to cook!

I’m not being any particular about this lecture. I found about it on yesterday’s paper. And I had no plan to blog about it either. It was just another lecture and I was planning to reach the hall by 4pm(the ad said that it start on 3pm) but when I reached the hall, it was already 5 pm and the lecture was over, wit only the question and answer session about to begin.

But, what surprised me most when I reached there was that the lecture was to be delivered by Dr Angomcha Bimol Akoijam. I read many of his articles and found all od then incisive. Why didn’t they put the name of the speaker on the ad? If I knew Dr Bimol was the speaker, I should had been there in time.

But I managed to grab a printed copy of the lecture and I’ll come with tomorrow.

I cannot be late tonight because all my sisters are coming tomorrow for lunch. I got to be up and going by at least 7 in the morning.

One of my sisters is expecting and it is our custom to invite the expectant sister or daughter for lunch for the well being of both the baby and the mother.

So, meet me tomorrow.

But, I should add that I’m sad having to burden my already disfigured blog by adding yet another post. I’m sad.

No comments: