Sunday, June 18, 2006

Final words

I made some muddled descriptions in my previous posts.

Two huge welcome arches(not gates, as I had mentioned earlier) spanning the whole street, one at the entrance of the North AOC-Minuthong street(just near the Southern Kangla gate) and another, at Minuthong brigde, were erected.

I did not go up to Khuman Lampak Stadium but apparently, they let all the vehicles parked there. And from there people came on foot towards the memorial site.

Kekru Pat is a part of Kangla but fenced off as a sub-section. So there still the Kangla moat bordering Kekrupat in the South. My guess is that as Kekrupat is a part of Kangla, it is being developed by Kangla Fort Board, which has substantial annual budget. I now remember the debate in the media when the Board evicted the office of the Construction committee, UCM from Kekrupat because they reasoned that there should not be any office of any entity besides that of the Board inside Kangla.

The development works around, and inside, Kekrupat are first rate jobs. And I should add that Kangla Fort Board is doing a commendable job there.

Another highlight of the day should be the meeting held on the lawn just beside the memorial gravestones in which representatives of the communities of Manipur, including those of Tangkhul, were in attendance. I learnt this from a friend on the way home. I should have spent some there in the meeting.

(And you are wondering why should I take a nap in the morning when everybody was queuing up to give floral tributes on this important day. Because when I went to bed last night it was 2 in the morning and I jumped out of bed at 6. So I slept only 4 hrs. But I’m determined to get at least 7 hrs of sleep)

No comments: